- A good cry of penitence yields a good crop of trust.
- Not many of us are good enough to have enemies.
- Some sermons are mostly introduction with nothing to follow - big porch and little house.
- Tithing is one tenth of what we should do.
- The only church orgnization that Jesus had was one hub and twelve spokes.
- You can't understand unless you have a place to stand.
- If a Christian is a farmer, every cow should bawl for the kingdom of God, every sheep should bleat for the kingdom, and every pig should squeal for it.
- Some people are more sheep-wise or hog-wise than otherwise.
- Boil down your writing until it makes good thick molasses; at least, if you can't make crystals.
- If your theology doesn't fit the Bible, you had better change your theology.
Source: The Brethren Encyclopedia
from E.G. Hoff biography of E. B. Hoff